A new year and a fresh start are on the horizon. Over this last year we have all, in some way or another, been affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Our lifestyles have had to adapt to new routines and many of us have been locked down for periods of time.
As we look ahead to 2021, why not give the gift of flowers or indoor plants to your loved ones? These bespoke, personal gifts will brighten up the start of the new year and let them know you’ve been thinking of them.
Here we look at some great ideas of which flowers and plants to give this year, as well as how they can have a positive impact. Any questions or to order by phone, please call the shop on 01273 770966.
Flowers and plants can boost mood and health
Flowers and plants are beautiful gifts and relatively low maintenance; they provide fresh air and natural, eye catching shapes and colours. With adequate sunlight, water and plant food, bouquets can last for several days/over a week, and plants can last years.
Studies suggest that spending time around plants and flowers, inside and outside, can bring wellbeing in may aspects of our lives, for example:
- In our social lives
- In our environment
Flowers and plants are therefore the ideal gift for anyone during these challenging times. If you would like to do some further reading on how plants can help with our mood and health, check out our guide on how indoor plants boost mood and health.
Why flowers are the perfect gift for the New Year
Nothing says fresh start quite like the sweet scent of seasonal flowers, arranged by hand by independent florists. Flowers are perfect for almost everyone as they:
- are an affordable gift that brightens a room
- help decrease stress
- show people that you care about them
What could be a more rewarding gift to give someone to get their year off to a blooming good start (don’t mind the pun) than some beautiful flowers, hand picked and arranged uniquely for the recipient?
Our flowers are sourced both locally and internationally meaning we can not only provide you with flowers that are in season during our cold run up to new year, but also plants from warmer climates too.
Tips on buying flowers for the New Year
Firstly, consider your budget and your relationship with the person or couple you’re buying for. You can then choose between our designed bouquets, personalised arrangements, or single flowers. These can also be combined with gifts such as cards, chocolates and teddies.
For a partner
Whether you would like to send a display of affection, spark some romance or say ‘I am sorry’, there are flowers that are perfect for giving to your partner.
Roses are the iconic ‘romantic flower’ but there are many more types to consider. Perhaps a specific scent reminds you of time you have spent somewhere with your partner, or colours that you both love? Think about flowers as a way to share your feelings and consider their tastes when purchasing.
For a classic bouquet of 12 or more scented roses that are sure to impress, shop here.
For a friend
Friends are those we choose to keep close to us, they are there when we need them and it’s worth reminding them . Nothing says friendship like a surprise bouquet, blooming with colour and aroma. We have crafted plenty of vibrant and fun bouquets that you can count on to raise a big smile.
Check out our cheery Sweetie Box arrangement.
For a family member
Treating parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins can be really rewarding, especially if you live apart or far away from each other but want to stay close. Big bouquets of their favourite flowers or colours are a great way to ‘say hello’ from afar and spark a conversation. Consider their favourites and as with everyone, consider any allergies before buying.
See our Pinks and Purples Bouquet for inspiration.
For staff or colleagues
If you’re looking to show appreciation to your staff or thank a colleague for their hard work, then you really can’t go wrong with giving flowers. They are an ideal professional gift and can really enhance the ‘work from home’ environment if they’re not in the office. If you’re looking to buy flowers for a team, get in touch about our corporate range.
Why pick indoor plants?
Indoor plants generally outlive flowers, they come in all shapes and sizes and are extremely versatile. Many of them require minimal upkeep while others can require more looking after and care,
Some of the main benefits of having indoor plants are:
- They will live for years if they are cared for properly
- They help maintain the air by absorbing toxins and producing oxygen
- It is possible to buy them in stylish pots to suit any home
- Plants such as cacti or succulents take little care and are beautiful to look at
- Plants can be perfect for increasing privacy and noise absorption
- They help boost our productivity and mood
How can you give the perfect indoor plant?
The perfect indoor plant sits gracefully in its space, compliments the colours of the room and brings vibrancy and freshness. Selecting the perfect indoor plant depends on its surroundings and the space available and many of them will require more light and larger spaces to grow, while others are content on a shady shelf.
When buying an indoor plant consider these points:
- Where it will be located – smaller indoor plants like cacti, succulents and String of Pearls would suit a small flat. Bigger plants like a Cheese Plant have potential for huge growth and would be more suited to larger areas with more open space.
- We all have our own styles and tastes, try and find a plant you think best suits its prospective owner. Hanging plants may suit a more artistic individual, or a cactus might reflect a more edgy personality.
- Plants come in an abundance of different colours and this can change from season to season. Match a houseplant with a colour scheme to really boost the feng shui, or bring in something different for an accent colour.
- Does who you’re buying for have cats and dogs? Some plants are toxic to these pets, which is why all of our plants are labelled with information about whether they are harmful, so make sure you check this before purchasing.
Order bouquets and indoor plants online
Here at The Brighton Flower Company we pride ourselves on personalised customer service and expert knowledge. We offer a huge range of bouquets, flowers and indoor plants, all ready to be ordered online and delivered promptly; we deliver to Brighton and Hove, as well as nationally and internationally.
If you would like more information about custom or bespoke orders, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of expert florists so that we can provide you advice and recommendations for all of your gift needs.